Sunday, March 28, 2010

Final Four Predictions


After another ridiculous weekend of the NCAA Men's Basketball tournament, I am going to make my picks for the two National Semifinal games. My "Reggie Miller Lookin' Good" bracket only correctly picked one team (West Virginia) to make the Final Four, but with the craziness of this year's tournament, I feel lucky that I got at least one.

Wrap your head around this, according to ESPN.com, of the some 4.7 million brackets submitted to their Tournament Challenge, only 200 brackets correctly picked West Virginia, Duke, Butler, and Michigan State to reach the Final Four.

Perhaps I shouldn't feel so bad...

Without further ado, here are the two teams I will immediately give the kiss of death to...

My Final Four Predictions

(5) Michigan State Spartans vs. (5) Butler Bulldogs:

Winner: Michigan State-- I see Izzo's bunch advancing to their second consecutive championship game after another thrilling OT victory over the home town Bulldogs. Raymar Morgan and Korie Lucious will get a rare second chance at cutting down the nets.

(2) West Virginia Mountaineers vs. (1) Duke Blue Devils:

Winner: Duke-- Coach K's squad has it all; three-point assassins, a strong inside presence, experience, and perhaps most importantly; confidence. I see John Scheyer shooting lights out and Brian Zoubek dominating the paint as the Blue Devils reach their 10th title game.

I think we get to see a classic match up of Hall of Fame coaches next Monday night.

But then again, who knows?


---J

1 comment:

  1. I think the exact opposite : WV's defence will smother Duke, Duke has had an easy rode to the final four. They won't know what choked them.

    Butler will finish off Michigan State - Home court (field & ice) rule!

    But then again, who knows :)

    ReplyDelete