Tuesday, October 6, 2009

NFL Week 4 Impressions



Here's what I learned after another wonderful week of the NFL season...



Week 4 Impressions...




1. Brett Favre can still throw the football. The almost 40 year-old QB threw some bullets all over the field last night against his former team. I don't think Favre can
play this well all year, but he can still throw the rock. But so can Ryan Howard from The Office (Aaron Rodgers), if he didn't get sacked 8 times. He looked pretty good at times last night.



2. The CHARGER defense is terrible without Jamal Williams. Or should I just say the CHARGER defense is terrible in general. The defensive line is really bad and the "tackling" on the defensive side of the ball is awful. They weren't playing like a great defense with the gigantic blob in the middle but they sure were playing a lot better. Clinton Hart and Stephen Gregory are absolutely terrible. "My Antonio" Cromartie played the worst game I have ever seen. If he wasn't getting burnt he was getting flagged. I wish just one time on a third down that the Bolt's D could get the hell off the field.

3. Dallas is not as good as the hype says. It seems like this is the case every year but this season it seems to be particularly true. Tony Romo isn't that good and the defense hasn't been able to make a big play late in the game. I don't think missing T.O. is the problem but something isn't right in Big D.

4. Al Davis is a brilliant drafter. Here are his 1st round draft picks from the last 3 years and their stats from Sunday.

2007-- JaMarcus Russell -- 12/33 for 128 yards 0 TDs (QB rating of 48.5).
2008-- Darren McFadden -- 6 carries for -3 yards, 1 catch for 5 yards.
2009-- Darius Hayward-Bey -- 1 catch for 20 yards, 1 carry for 18 yards.

No wonder they are doing so well. This shows me a Commitment to Excellence.

That's it for week 4...

---J


1 comment:

  1. I don't think the Charger D is that bad. I think that the Steeler O is that good.

    ReplyDelete